Date: Sun May 29th 2022
Performing: The Farm Stage
Nancy Sanchez is a Mexican-American songwriter and performer. She is also an award-winning vocalist. Born in Toluca Mexico, then making her home in the United States as a young girl, her music is a reflection of two cultures. You will hear elements of Mexican Folkloric, Latin Alternative, Pop & Jazz in her live set.
Nancy clearly remembers growing up in a home where she was exposed to a mix of Mexican and Mexican-American folk music. As a child I listened to music by Los Lobos, Richie Valens, Linda Rodnstadt, Lalo Guerraro, Los Bukis, Juan Gabriel and many more. All of these influences exposed Nancy to the possibilities of songs centered on the Mexican American experience.
Nancy Sánchez “La Gran Civilización”: a musical tour de force unstoppable in any language. (Indie Pulse)
“Nancy’s tracks moved me instantly.. They went deep inside my head and heart to a place I heard 1000 years ago but never heard like this..! Here is a singular and important voice that stands out from the crowded pack” (Richard Montoya – Playwright filmmaker – Culture Clash)
“Nancy surrenders to fusion and protest without abandoning her Mexican Essence”(LA Times)
“A portrait of an artist you may not know, but should..”– Felix Contreras (NPR Alt.Latino)
“Renne Ghoust and Nancy Sanchez are brilliant together on ‘La Muchacha Alegre`… ”. (Indie Pulse)
- Backing Vocalist for Carlos Vives, Gustavo Dudamel and the LA Philharmonic special at the Hollywood Bowl (2021)
- Backing vocals for Carlos Vives, Disney’s ENCANTO Premiere at El Capitan Theater (2021)
- Vihuela for Mon Laferte Latin Grammys Las Vegas (2021)
- Featured artist at FIMPRO 2021 in Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico (2021)
- Featured artist BMI Hispanic Heritage Month. (2021)
- Featured artist Discover LA’s Comeback National Campaign; LA Tourism. (2021)
- Featured artist on STARZ original series VIDA Season 3.
- Featured guest on En Casa Con LA Plaza; Plaza de Cultura y Artes (2020)
- Featured guest on Desde La Sala; Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center (2020) (Austin Texas)
- BEST of 2020 NPR Alt-Latino, “La Gran Civilizacion” was selected in top 10 songs of 2020 by NPR’s Alt.Latino. (2020)
- In 2019, Nancy signed with Universal Music Publishing and ONErpm for all current digital releases. (2019)
- Bachelor Degree in Music Performance from California State University Los Angeles -Magna Cum Laude. (2019)
- BEST of 2017 NPR Alt-Latino, “American Novio” was selected by NPRs Alt-Latino Best of 2017. (2017)
Nancy has performed at beautiful venues including Las Vegas House of Blues, The Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Hollywood Forever Cemetery for Dia de Los Muertos and the John Anson Ford Theatre. And opened up for legendary musicians such as Los Lobos and Ozomatli.
Nancy’s songwriting will be featured in collaborations with Latin Grammy winners Flor de Toloache, Latin Grammy winner Ulises Lozano of Kinky, Mariachi legend Pepe Martinez Jr., La Voz USA standout Raymundo, and JLo’s guitar player Andy Abad, as well as with Mexican pop star Madame Recamier, and all female Mariachi Las Colibri.
- “Say Something” EP (2020)
- The award-winning, bilingual singer-songwriter Nancy Sanchez proudly presents her new 3-song EP of protest songs called SAY SOMETHING, dedicated to this newly activated generation. These songs were written during the summer of 2020 during the height of the Black Lives Matter Movement. The songs are: “Say Something”, “The Kids Are Still In Cages” & “Hasta Que Todos Estemos a Salvo”. Produced by Beto Hale and mixed by Sal Ojeda.
- “La Gran Civilización” (2020)
- Nancy 's most recent full length album is “La Gran Civilización”. The mariachi-inspired, Latinx artist’s second album to-date includes eleven songs featuring a mix of styles that Nancy calls “Mexican-American Art Pop”. Nancy represents a new voice in the world of ranchera music, providing a first-person, woman's perspective within a historically male-dominated genre.
- “La Gran Civilización” features a collaboration with Latin Grammy-winning all-female mariachi band Flor De Toloache on “Puerta Del Sol” (versión mariachi). Nancy also collaborates with the all-female mariachi group Mariachi Las Colibrí on the song “Que Te Perdone Dios”, featuring an arrangement by Pepe Martinez Jr of the legendary group Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlan. The album also includes a collaboration with La Voz USA standout Raymundo on “In Other Words”, which is also the title track of a feature film by filmmakers Patrick Perez and Cristina Nava. Los Angeles favorites Cuñao, Kennedy Center Artist Fellow MC Olmeca, and Mexico City-based, alt-rock singer-songwriter Madame Récamier also make appearances on the album.
- “La Gran Civilización” was produced by Joaquin Pacheco, Grammy-winning producer Robert Carranza (of Los Lobos, Ozomatli, Marilyn Manson, Jack Johnson) and Kennedy from the band BØRNS. Mastered by Grammy winner Robert Hadley.
- “Juntos Together” with Gina Chavez (2021)
- “Olvídame De Una Vez” with Olympia Tril (2021)
- “Cenzontle” with Luckas O. (2021)
- “La Muchacha Alegre” with Renee Goust (2021)